Baby, Shall We Dance?

Listen to that dream afloat in which you & I are near
Look, that fleeting moment takes us to an end so rare
Feel the silence break into a thousand cozy whispers
And sense the craving beats, their delicacy in balance
Shall we dance, baby, to brush away the distress of sleepiness?
 Shall we, in one glance, breathe life into those expressions?
Ask me how the feel of togetherness colors my thoughts
Don’t ask me how the serenity ripples into my surroundings
Twist and turn, baby, to beat that last rhythm
And love that moment of liberated pounding
Baby, shall we dance to lift the floor to cloud nine?
And make that sun praise what truly brings it shine?
Laugh with me, then, like a ray sparkling through the heavens
And bring to us the scented holiness of angelic luminosity
There we go, in that fleeting moment, in that spur,
… in pace, to place the lamp in niche
… in flames, to mortify the sparks
… in flare, to burn up the past
To bring that dream ashore, to find our chance
Shall we now do it, baby? Shall we now dance?


1 comment: